Update on sailing race for Friday 23rd and 24th

Published Fri 23 Feb 2024

Sailing will be proceed tomorrow us usual with some modifications to our procedures.  An update from Urban Utilities this afternoon has confirmed they will not be lifting the advice current advice before tomorrow.  However, this is partly due to the "expected" rainfall forecast for tomorrow afternoon.  The advice is the same as previously provided can be found here

For the Learn to Sail programs we seek to minimise the risks with the following measures

  • Sailing will be conducted upstream of the clubhouse.
  • There will no capsize drills.
  • Swimming at the ramp or voluntary capsizes etc. will be strongly discouraged.


In relation to afternoon racing, the courses will be set upstream of the club as they were last week.  A reminder this week we will be conducting two handicap start races, with the first warning signal at 13:30.

As always, it is the responsibility of the skipper, crew and volunteers to make their own decision on whether or not to participate in the racing.  The committee respect your personal choice and understand if you prefer to stay on the shore.

While the committee apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment this may cause, we hope that you understand that we are doing our best to ensure your safety and enjoyment of sailing.  We believe that our members should be able to make their own decisions about participation and respect that views may differ. We appreciate your cooperation and support in this difficult situation and are very happy to speak with you directly.



We Support