Lindfield Football Club in conjunction with West Lindfield Sport and Rec Club are constructing an all weather sports facility on the site of the two unused bowling greens at the West Lindfield Sports and Recreation Club, named Lindfield Sports Centre.
The proposed all weather courts compliments the existing bowling green at WLSRC and offers a wide variety of sporting options with a predominant use for futsal. The facilities is available to the local community and could be utilised by many of the schools in the local area, a number of which have limited space for sports activities.
The Lindfield Sports Centre is in full accordance with current noise laws and makes adequate parking provision.
– In June 2008 a business plan by WLSRC was completed and delivered to council
– 09.06.2009 DA 0331/09 lodged. ‘Works to establish a recreation area comprising multi-purpose courts primarily for futsal’.
– 08.03.2010 Notice of Determination of Development Application with the granting of consent
– 12.05.2010 WLSRC receives Facility Assistance Grant (AUD 250,000) from local government
After some ‘toing and froing’ between council, local government, neighbors and WLSRC
– 25.10. 2012 WLSRC signs a 21-year licence agreement with council for the use of the West Lindfield Sports and Rec Club land.
– 16.12.2013 Commencement of construction works at WLSRC
– May/June 2014 Planned opening of the Lindfield Sports Centre
A special thank you goes to:
Ilan Hurwitz for writing the business plan, Phil Killen for the financial model and mastermind behind financing the project, Dan Brindle for submitting the DA to council and getting it approved, Danny Hurwitz for providing football knowledge and business acumen , Victor Vitorovic for keeping the WLSRC alive over the years and overseeing the construction works, Tim Tait for project managing the construction works, Eddie McGrory for liaising with banks and other community groups including fundraising, Chris Saxon for legal advice, Clive Solari for designing support and the whole Lindfield Football Club team withGlen War, Gilbert Merlo and others for backing up the project.